Canon PowerShot S60 Manual is aimed to fulfill the needs toward information of both technical or instrumental issue among this digital camera product especially for Canon PowerShot S60.
When Canon PowerShot S60 was firstly released to the market?
Canon PowerShot S60 was firstly released in June, 2004. Even if it’s already released quite long time ago, but this product is still relevant for nowadays use, especially for you who likes retro camera kind of style.
- 5.0-megapixel CCD delivering up to 2,592 x 1,944-pixel resolution images.
- 1.8-inch, color LCD monitor.
- 3.6x optical zoom lens, 5.8-20.7mm (equivalent to a 28-100mm lens on a 35mm camera) with auto and manual focus, adjustable focus area, 9-point AiAF in Auto and Image Zone modes, and focus bracketing.
- Up to 4.1x digital telephoto.
- Full automatic, program AE, shutter priority, aperture priority, and manual exposure modes, as well as five preset exposure modes and a Custom mode.
- Manually adjustable aperture settings from f/2.8 to f/8.0, depending on zoom setting (f/5.3 at max optical zoom).
- Manually adjustable shutter speed settings from 1/2000 to 15 seconds. (Aperture of f/4 or smaller aperture is required to achieve 1/2000 sec.)
- ISO sensitivity equivalents: Auto, 50, 100, 200, and 400.
- Three metering modes: Evaluative, center-weighted average, and spot metering
- White balance setting with nine modes, including a new underwater mode, and a manual setting.
- Built-in flash with five operating modes and flash exposure compensation (power adjustment in Manual mode).
- JPEG and RAW still image file formats, movies saved as AVI / Motion JPEG and WAVE formats.
- Images saved to CompactFlash Type I or II memory cards, 32MB card included.
- Movie mode with sound.
- Interval shooting mode, plus two Continuous Shooting modes.
- Stitch-Assist mode for creating panoramic pictures.
- Record up to 60 seconds of sound with individual images.
- DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) compatibility.
- USB cable for high-speed connection to a computer.
- Canon Digital Camera utility applications, plus ArcSoft application software bundle. (ArcSoft PhotoStudio and Video Impression, for both Mac and Windows)
- Powered by Canon NB-2LH rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack, with optional AC adapter. (Increased power capacity over the pack that shipped with the S-45 and S-50.)
How much the price when firstly released?
In the first release, It was $999 (old price at launch), and now, if you’re interested to own this compact digital camera device, you can get it in several online stores by paying for the used price start from $100. This is the worth price for what’s offered by this Canon PowerShot S60.