Nikon Coolpix 950 Manual is aimed to fulfill the needs toward information of both technical or instrumental issue among this digital camera product especially for Nikon Coolpix 950.
There are so many enhancements bundled into the CoolPix 950, it is bigger, better, faster, smarter then previous model of coolpix 900. For starters, it sports a 2.1 megapixel, 1/2-inch CCD sensor, producing images up to 1600×1200 pixels in size.
The Coolpix 950 was a durable camera with swivel lens, magnesium body, a maximum resolution of 1600×1200 (1.92 Mpx), 3× optical zoom and a minimum focusing distance of 2 cm.
The CoolPix 950 incorporates both optical and LCD viewfinders, the latter via a 2 inch (51mm), 130,000-pixel display on the rear of the main body section. The lens is an optical zoom ranging from equivalent 35mm focal lengths of 38-115mm.
When Nikon Coolpix 950 was firstly released to the market?
Nikon Coolpix 950 was a digital camera released by Nikon in early 1999.
Even if it’s already released quite long time ago, but this product is still relevant for nowadays use, especially for you who likes retro camera kind of style.
Nikon Coolpix 950 High Points
- 2.1 million-pixel, 1/2 inch CCD sensor element
- Image sizes of 1600×1200, 1024×768, and 640×480
- Three JPEG compression levels, plus uncompressed TIFF
- 3x Optical Zoom lens, with macro focusing to 4 inches
- Multi-ratio digital zoom, magnifications of 1.25, 1.6, 2.0, and 2.5x
- 4746-step(?!) autofocus system, with continuous or single-shot focus modes
- Manual focus option, with 10 focus steps from 4 inches (10cm) to infinity
- Three-aperture lens system: f2.6/4.0, f4.4/6.8, and f7.4/11.4
- Multiple autoexposure modes: full program, aperture- and shutter-priority
- Aperture priority allows selection of any of three lens openings (see above)
- Shutter priority allows selection of shutter time in 1-stop increments from 8
- seconds to 1/500 of a second (1/750 in final production units?)
- 256-segment Matrix, spot, and center-weighted exposure-metering options
- “Live” feedback of current aperture, shutter speed values
- Huge RAM buffer for full-res continuous shooting at 1.5 frames per second (2 fps in VGA mode)
- Rapid cycle time of ~2-3 seconds in normal shooting mode
- Both LCD and dioptric-correcting optical viewfinders
- Exceptional low-light capability
- Exceptional macro ability (to 2 cm)
- External flash sync, with TTL capability for Nikon dedicated strobe units
- Gamma-based image brightness/contrast adjustment (vs more-common linear adjustments)
- Seven-mode white balance adjustment, including manual white-point selection
“Best Shot Select” function automatically picks sharpest version of an image from a multi-shot sequence.
- Special exposure program modes for auxiliary Wide, Tele, and Fisheye lenses (Standard program mode is sensitive to tele/wide angle, shifting toward faster shutter speeds at longer focal lengths)
- Exposure/white balance lock for panorama shooting
- Sequential frame counter option to avoid accidental file overwrites on host computer
- Selectable auto-off times of 30 seconds, 1, 5, and 30 minutes
- Support for “folders” to organize images in-camera
- Excellent user interface!
How much the price when Nikon Coolpix 950 firstly released?
In the first release, The Nikon Coolpix 950 pricing set at about $880 body-only.
Now, if you’re interested to own this compact digital camera device, you can get it in several online stores by paying of the used product star from $30 Nikon Coolpix 950 2MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom.
Nikon Coolpix 950 Manual
Feel free to download the nikon coolpix 950 manual user guide at below.