Nikon DF Manual is aimed to fulfill the needs toward information of both technical or instrumental issue among this digital camera product especially for Nikon DF.
Digital camera of the Nikon Df is built around the 16MP full frame sensor from the company’s flagship D4 with the processor and AF system borrowed from the comparatively affordable D610.
It has the same sensor overall score 89 of DxOMark with Nikon D4, the Nikon Df ranked first in a low-light test with 3279 ISO (Nikon D4 with 2965 ISO), but in practice the difference is small.
In a departure from the rest of Nikon’s DSLR lineup, the Df does not record video, only still images; while most reviews were generally positive, this and other built-in limitations of the camera were seen as negatives.
When Nikon DF was firstly released to the market?
The Nikon Df is a full-frame F-mount DSLR FX format camera announced by Nikon on November 5, 2013. Even if it’s already released quite long time ago, but this product is still relevant for nowadays use, especially for you who likes retro camera kind of style.
Nikon DF Specifications
Before to jump into the nikon df manual, here is the technical specification of the product. If you want to know more about the review feel free go to dpreview page at here.
|Body type||Mid-size SLR|
|Body material||Magnesium alloy|
|Max resolution||4928 x 3280|
|Other resolutions||FX: 3696 x 2456, 2464 x 1640;|
DX crop: 3200 x 2128,
2400 x 1592, 1600 x 1064
|Image ratio w:h||3:02|
|Effective pixels||16 megapixels|
|Sensor photo detectors||17 megapixels|
|Sensor size||Full frame (36 x 23.9 mm)|
|Color space||sRGB, AdobeRGB|
|Color filter array||Primary color filter|
|ISO||Auto, 100 – 12800|
|Boosted ISO (minimum)||50|
|Boosted ISO (maximum)||204800|
|White balance presets||12|
|Custom white balance||Yes (4 spots)|
|Uncompressed format||RAW + TIFF|
|JPEG quality levels||Fine, normal, basic|
|File format||JPEG (EXIF 2.3)|
|Optics & Focus|
|Autofocus||Contrast Detect (sensor)|
|Autofocus assist lamp||No|
|Number of focus points||39|
|Lens mount||Nikon F|
|Focal length multiplier||1×|
|Screen / viewfinder|
|Viewfinder type||Optical (pentaprism)|
|Minimum shutter speed||30 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/4000 sec|
|Exposure modes||Program Auto|
|External flash||Yes (via hot shoe or PC sync)|
|Flash modes||Auto FP High-speed sync,|
|Flash X sync speed||1/250 sec|
|Continuous drive||5.5 fps|
|Self-timer||Yes (2, 5, 10, or 20 secs)|
|Exposure compensation||±3 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|AE Bracketing||±3 (2, 3, 5 frames at 1/3 EV,|
2/3 EV, 1 EV, 2 EV steps)
|WB Bracketing||Yes (2 or 3 shots in 1/3 or|
|Storage types||SD/SDHC/SDXC card|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|Wireless notes||via WU-1a|
wireless mobile adapter
|Remote control||Yes (Cable release,|
|Battery description||EN-EL14/EN-EL14a lithium-ion battery and charger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||1400|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||760 g (1.68 lb / 26.81 oz)|
|Dimensions||144 x 110 x 67 mm|
(5.67 x 4.33 x 2.64″)
|GPS notes||via GP-1 or GP-1A adapter|
How much the price when Nikon DF firstly released?
In the first release, the Nikon DF can be purchased for $2749.95 (body only), $2999.95 / £2749.99 (with 50mm F1.8 lens).
And now, if you’re interested to own this compact digital camera device, you can get it in several online stores by paying of the Nikon Df 16.2 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera Body (Silver) $2,746.95 and about USD 1,00.00 for the used products.
Is it important to follow Nikon DF Manual?
Yes, it is important to follow the Nikon Df manual. The user manual provides essential information about the camera’s features, settings, and operation, which is crucial for using the camera effectively and getting the best results from your photography.
Read another Nikon Manual
Here are some reasons why it’s important to use the Nikon Df manual:
- Understanding Camera Features: The manual offers detailed explanations of the camera’s features and functions. By reading the manual, you can learn how to use various shooting modes, adjust settings, and access different features, which will enhance your photography experience and help you capture better photos.
- Proper Camera Setup: The manual provides step-by-step instructions for setting up the camera, including inserting and charging the battery, attaching lenses, and formatting memory cards. Following these guidelines ensures that you set up the camera correctly and reduces the risk of potential issues or damage.
- Optimal Camera Performance: The manual outlines best practices for using the camera, including tips for obtaining sharp images, proper exposure, and using advanced features specific to the Nikon Df model. Understanding these tips will help you get the best results from your Nikon Df.
- Troubleshooting: In case you encounter any issues with the camera, the manual usually includes a troubleshooting section that can help you identify and resolve common problems. This can save you time and frustration and might prevent you from seeking unnecessary technical support.
- Safety Precautions: The manual typically includes important safety instructions and guidelines for using the camera safely in various situations and environments. Following these precautions is crucial to avoid accidents and protect both you and the camera.
- Firmware Updates: The manual may also provide instructions on how to update the camera’s firmware. Keeping the firmware up to date is important as it can improve camera performance, fix bugs, and add new features.
Even if you have experience with other cameras or Nikon models, the Nikon Df has unique features and settings that require specific instructions to use effectively.
Reading the Nikon Df manual thoroughly will ensure that you are well-informed about the camera’s capabilities and can make the most of your photography experience with this specific model.
Nikon DF Manual
Feel free to download the nikon df manual user guide (PDF File) at below.