We are going to share about the RFID Testing standard. But before to go to the topic, you need to know this first !
In order to sell the products into the market (we mean products which have RFID module embedded).
The product needs to comply with the regulation requirement (approval test standard and technical requirements) of Direktorat Jenderal Sumber Daya dan Perangkat Pos dan Informatika (SDPPI)
What the meaning of RFID ? Based on the wikipedia, Radio-frequency identification (RFID) is the wireless use of electromagnetic fields to transfer data, for the purposes of automatically identifying and tracking tags attached to objects. The tags contain electronically stored information.
Some tags are powered by electromagnetic induction from magnetic fields produced near the reader. Some types collect energy from the interrogating radio waves and act as a passive transponder. Other types have a local power source such as a battery and may operate at hundreds of meters from the reader.
Unlike a barcode, the tag does not necessarily need to be within line of sight of the reader and may be embedded in the tracked object. RFID is one method for Automatic Identification and Data Capture (AIDC) .
Back to the topic :-)
RFID testing in Indonesia, there ate two approval test standards,
- RFID with frequency band 13.56 MHz would be tested by Low Power Devices standard Indonesia regulation number 214/DIRJEN/2005
- RFID with frequency band 923 MHz – 925 MHz would be tested by regulation number 221/DIRJEN/2007 with the key parameter as below:
- Radiated Emission Limits
|Frequency (MHZ)||Field Strength (μV/m)||Measuring Distance (m)|
- Tag utilized shall be passive tags
- Total bandwidth utilization shall be 2 MHz with maximum hopping channel 500 KHz
- The transmission power shall be below 2000mW (ERP)
- Modulation technique: Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS)
- Transmitter antenna shall be embedded with +/- 6 dBi, 5Ω
- Error Frequency: +/-20 ppm from center frequency
- Communication ports:UART, RS-232, RS-485, USB, Serial, Parallel, LAN, WLAN, WAN
- Receiver Sensitivity: max 28dBμV/m or -96dBm, with impedance input 50Ω
Some of application products which is embedded of RFID technology such as Electronic Product Code (EPC), warehouse Management System (WMS), Supply Chain Management, payment System, Manufacturing, etc
Update RFID Regulation in Indonesia
New SRD Standard in Indonesia has been officially issued by SDPPI through their official announcement on July 30th 2019.
This new regulation’s called PERDIRJEN POSTEL NOMOR 161 TAHUN 2019 and concerning about “Technical Requirements of Short Range Device Telecommunication”. Including RFID devices. Below is the copy of this new SRD Standard in Indonesia.
The technical requirements of the RFID product must be refer to this regulation (Official regulation in Bahasa) below, and to be sure that the RFID testing would be based on this regulation too.
We though our short explanation about Approval test standard for RFID products clear enough, If you have any question regarding to obtain SDPPI approvals do not hesitate to contact us